Last week during the one of the days I was feeling good, I did back and chest at the gym. I love working back because I can handle a lot of weight and it makes me feel pretty strong. As I was moving through the machines I spotted a shiny new gym machine that immediately caught my attention. I wanted to try it but had no idea how it worked. Finally a guy gave it a try and I realized it was a rope trainer!
There is something about climbing a rope that is just hardcore to me. I love watching Crossfit people climb the rope because they make it look so easy, and I honestly struggle climbing the rope. So I just knew I had to give it a try. And I did. And it burned. And it was love at first sight. This machine gives rope burn a whole new meaning.
This weight-assisted machine simulates actual rope climbing from three positions: seated, kneeling on the seat and standing but if you are tall like moi standing really does not work. The seat is sort of levitating meaning that it moves with you which gives you that feeling if climbing a rope, and immediately you feel your core, arms and back being targeted.
Why I like the rope trainer aside from what I mentioned before?
- Three working positions to target specific areas:
|Graphic and a complete list of exercises HERE.|
- It gives you outstanding conditioning workout. In only three minutes I was working out a sweat bit time and got some good cardio.
- You can do the rope pull in reverse pulling from the bottom up instead of from the top down.
- I LOVE the burn I feel in my core and upper body with just one machine.
- By changing the stance or position in reference to the machine you can target other areas of the body
- You can adjust to different HR target zones (to include an aerobic) app to adjust your level of exertion.
I do not think I am over exagerating when I say that I think I found my dream machine at the gym especially if you do not want to do a whole weigh training routine at the gym and spend a lot of time there. This is a one-stop machine and I am loving it!