Hello lovelies! Welcome to Eat Clean Friday! Before we go on with the linkup, I want to let you know that this site now has a new URL, so make sure you update your bookmarks or whatever methods you use to follow this blog. The new URL is:
The other URL was throwing people off, so I went ahead and made it easy! :-) Now on to the link! If this is your first time, Eat Clean Friday is the link-up where we share our favorite clean eating recipes and get to meet other health conscious bloggers. This week I am sharing one of my favorite eat clean recipes: Green Goddess Kale Burrito. This baby is packed with tons of nutrients and it is perfect for those pesky vegetarians/ vegans ;-) I am a big carnivore and I love this dish. Like my previous recipes, you will notice this passes my "single girl's feeding requirements: I have plenty of leftovers.
The difference between this and your typical burrito is that it is meatless (listen up Meatless Monday fanatics) and because of that it is light when you eat it although it is VERY filling. And did I mention it is packed with plenty of nutrients and good for you vitamins? Plus it is very tasty; it has tons of flavors and just a little heat. Here is the easy recipe:
Green Goddess Kale Burrito
- 4 large or whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chili powder (a southwestern blend would go nicely as well)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 pound of kale, washed and roughly chopped (chard would go nicely with this too)
- 1 can black beans, washed and drained, liquid reserved
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 chopped tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until leaves wilt and release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, adding a spoonful of the reserved liquid if the mixture seems dry.
- Place 1/4 of mixture onto a warm tortilla. Top with avocado and tomatoes, then serve.
Sounds really good, doesn't it? It actually tastes pretty amazing. My dad who was a crazy carnivore even loved this burrito. Give it a try if you get a chance. You won't be disappointed.
Want to join us for Eat Clean Friday? Click on the linkup photo for more details!
Also sharing with these awesome linkups! Tuned-In Tuesday. Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Blog Hop. Fitness Friday. The Fitness Friday Linkup. Strange But Good . Recipe Friday. Foodie Friday. Food-tastic Friday. Friday Favorites. Foodie Friday. Weekend Potluck. Aloha Friday Blog Hop. Full Plate Thursday. Fantastic Friday.